Community Sponsorship gives power to local people to resettle a refugee family in their neighbourhood. Communities work together to support the family as they settle into their new community, by providing befriending, encouragement and practical help.
Nolander is a community-sponsored initiatives to provide practical, financial and emotional support for refugees.
- Directly increase the number of refugees who can safely resettle to the UK
- A tangible, practical way to respond to the global refugee crisis
- Make maximum use of the capacity, commitment and networks of citizens to help refugees
- Improve the chances of refugees to settle in, learn English and find work
- Strengthens community bonds
- Send a strong message that refugees are welcome in the UK and build more open communities over time
Watch this video for more information about community sponsorship and how it works: